Monday, February 15, 2010

Glendalough

I'm still about a week behind on my posts....but to catch up, the week after Malahide and the "Irish experiences", I went to Glendalough with Erin, Allie, and Katie. The place is beautiful; it's an ancient monastery tucked away in Wicklow Mountain National Park (Anyone seen "P.S. I Love You"?). We had talked about going earlier, but because it's away from civilization, you have to pay a pretty good amount to travel out there. Since I'm on a budget and dependent on public transportation, it's a bit more difficult for me to just up and go some where. HOWEVER, a few days before the weekend, we found out that the French study abroad students were being taken to Glendalough as a field trip type thing. There was room on the busses, so I got to go for free! Gotta love the free stuff :)

Unfortunately, I couldn't fall asleep the night before until 5 AM, and we had to get up to go at 7:30! Not cool...but even though I was exhausted and everything wasn't in bloom yet, it was still gorgeous! And now that I've been, I know that it's definitely worth my money to return later in the Spring :) Enjoy the pics...




There's a black cat that lives in the cemetery...creepy










1 comment:

  1. purty. why you not sleep? your roommate has obviously not distracted you enough and kept you sleep deprived enough this semester.

    ReplyDelete