Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'M HERE! :)

After a long flight over (with hardly any sleep) and a bit of a transfer flight issue in London, I finally made it to Dublin! I got in at around 3 pm Ireland time (which is 5 hours ahead of US EST...fyi ;). With not much sleep in me, I was out at 8 pm, and slept VERY WELL. I tried not to expect much in regards to my living situation, but it's amazing! I'm staying with a single lady and 2 other Cedarville girls. I share a large bedroom upstairs with one of the Cedarville students, Erin. We have a large bathroom attached, and it's so nice! I might even like it more than mine at home! (which if you know me, that says a lot ;) And water pressure? Nearly as good as in the States! (Another thing that strangely means a lot to me :)

But beyond the living situation...today we took a tour of Dublin with the other study abroad students, but unfortunately didn't see much. It was snowing pretty bad, which meant the windows on the tour bus got fogged. And apparently it hasn't snowed much in Dublin since the 60s, so the city was going crazy! All the cars (and busses) are rear wheel drive, which definitely doesn't help the situation. Soon after our tour ended, the entire bus system was shut down. It was just a normal snow storm for us Americans, but not for the Irish!

I got to take a few pictures (or "snaps" as they say here), but hopefully I'll be posting better ones later :)


A lovely picture of our bus...how exciting :)


My roommate, Erin, and I in front of Christ Church Cathedral


I apologize that this not the greatest pictures, but one of my favorite things about Ireland so far is that all the doors are brightly painted. All the buildings are brick, so it provides such a cool contrast. I'll post a better picture when I get the chance to take one :)

Well, that's it for now...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment