Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Resurrection Day! (a week late...)

As my time in Dublin dwindles down, I've made a list of things I want to do/see before I leave. One of the items on the list is watching the sunrise over the ocean (since the beach is just down the street from where I live, and Dublin is on the East side of Ireland, meaning the sun rises over it rather than sets :) Anyway, I figured what better morning to see the sunrise than on Easter Sunday? I headed down to the beach early that morning, only to find that a sunrise service was being held...perfect! It was so breathtaking and memorable to watch the sun rise over the water as I sang with others about the Son being risen! I did draw back from the group a few times, though, to snap some pics :)




After going to church that morning, Leanna and I (since both Mary and Erin were gone) had some people over for an Easter Celebration!
The cake above was actually made pre-Easter by Erin for her family...it was so cute! I wish I had gotten a picture before it got eaten. While the rest of the cake got thrown away, the chicks definitely stayed with us :)
Cute hat, right? This would be part of Mary's Easter decorations...what better way to celebrate than with a yellow fuzzy Easter hat?!
What a good hostess...
Told you we kept the chicks :)
Rich: "Let's get a picture of the dressed up people for Easter!"
His face expressions in these pictures make me laugh...

Let me close out with song lyrics by Keith and Kristyn Getty (who happen to be from Ireland!):

See, what a morning, gloriously bright,
With the dawning of hope in Jerusalem;
Folded the grave-clothes, tomb filled with light,
As the angels announce, "Christ is risen!"
See God's salvation plan,
Wrought in love, borne in pain, paid in sacrifice,
Fulfilled in Christ, the Man,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!

See Mary weeping, "Where is He laid?"
As in sorrow she turns from the empty tomb;
Hears a voice speaking, calling her name;
It's the Master, the Lord raised to life again!
The voice that spans the years,
Speaking life, stirring hope, bringing peace to us,
Will sound till He appears,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!

One with the Father, Ancient of Days,
Through the Spirit who clothes faith with certainty.
Honor and blessing, glory and praise
To the King crowned with pow'r and authority!
And we are raised with Him,
Death is dead, love has won, Christ has conquered;
And we shall reign with Him,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment