Saturday, April 17, 2010

Volcanic Eruption = Flight Disruption

Well, I should be on a flight right now to Greece, but I'm obviously not, due to the cancellation of my flight along with 20,000 others. While I'm bummed I can't make it to Greece at this point in my life, there's still a ton to be thankful for:

1. I'm at my relatives' house in a beautiful town, Lisse, just outside of Amsterdam where the flowers are blooming and the sun is shining.

2. My relatives have been EXTREMELY hospitable and generous, offering to take me wherever I need to go, whenever (even if that means driving me back to Dublin!)

3. At least I'm stuck in Holland, instead of Athens, where I would have to be paying for each night I stayed and I would be much further from Ireland...and America.

4. Because of the flight cancellation, I get my money back, which is always good news for a poor college student :)

5. Being in the land of my heritage, I'm learning a lot of why things are the way they are (So THAT'S why the Dutch Christian Reformed in Grand Rapids act the way they do ;)

6. While I can't control the volcano or it's smoke/ash (or even pronounce it's name!), I know God controls it, so no worries :)

While I may no longer need prayer in Athens, I do ask for prayer in regards to getting home! I read in one place that experts were saying the volcano won't stop erupting until it runs out of liquid, which could be a number of MONTHS. Please pray that I can get back to Dublin in time (my flight is scheduled for this coming Wednesday, the 21st) and most importantly that I can fly back to America in time to graduate on May 1 and start work on May 3! Who knows, maybe I'll do as my Mom's family did and go over by boat...

No comments:

Post a Comment